Guidelines for the EBP Synthesis Paper
The structure of your paper should be as follows:
· Cover Page:
o Follow APA format 7th edition for the elements that belong on the cover page
· You DO NOT need an abstract page
o This is the first section of your paper.
o Because Evidence-Based Practice focuses on specific elements, those elements need to appear in the introduction of your synthesis paper.
o This section should include and organize the elements of your PICO question: Postpartum depression and social support in a racially diverse population )
§ Patient/Problem: What problems does the patient group have? What needs to be solved? Provide a thorough background of the topic.
§ Intervention: What intervention is being considered or evaluated? Cite the literature
§ Comparison: What other interventions are possible or are currently used that you want to look at to see if they are still best practice? Cite the literature.
§ Outcome: What is the intended outcome of the research question? What effect or outcome are you researching in the literature?
o This section should also include an explanation of its significance to nursing practice: How will this impact what we do as nurses or how we will care for our patients?
o At the end of this section, you should include a clear statement of the research problem, the aim or purpose of your review, and the research question that is guiding the literature search.
· Methodology: I Used school website and the databases includes CINAHL, HEALTH SOURCE NURSING ACADEMIC EDITION, and PudMed. Articles within 5years only
o This section will discuss and summarize the approach you took to looking for articles
o Discuss the following in a concise, scientific manner:
§ Discuss your search strategies. What databases did you search? What search terms did you use? How many total articles on the subject did you find?
§ What criteria led you to include or exclude sources? (the number of articles that you reviewed before narrowing down to the ones you are using in this paper)
§ Discuss how you narrowed it down to those papers you are using. This is where you would discuss the level of evidence and quality rating of your articles as a basis on how you narrowed down your list and how they best matched your PICO question
§ You may wish to present these criteria in the form of lists or tables.
§ When evaluating sources, consider the following:
· Credibility: Is the study from a reputable researcher or journal? Limit your search to scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
· Validity: Does the study measure what it says it measures? What demographic sample did the study survey? The methods of examination and procedures of analysis make a big difference in the validity of results. Does the study present a margin of error? If so, is it narrow enough to make the results accurate?
· Reliability: Will the same test yield the same result? Did the study end as soon as favorable results were obtained? Were the reports consistent? A study should mention its own limitations; did the study have limitations that were not noted?
· You will want to use similar studies as much as possible. Because quantitative and qualitative studies measure different things, it will be difficult to integrate and synthesize the sources you acquire unless they are fairly similar.
· Your evidence-based practice review may use quantitative reviews, qualitative reviews, or other evidence-based practice reviews; comparing mixed methods will likely make your methodology more difficult to understand. Quantitative studies deal only with objective figures that can be measured, counted, and calculated. Qualitative studies will still use numbers to describe the sample and/or control groups, but they will focus on subjective analysis, descriptions, and interviews.
· Critical appraisal of the evidence:
o In this section, you will discuss and review each of the studies that you chose for the paper. You must include:
§ The purpose of the study
§ The sample size and demographic details
§ The research method used
§ Details about the results
§ Limitations of the study
§ The credibility, reliability, and validity of the study
§ Your conclusion on whether this is good evidence or not.
o You can do this section in one of two ways. You can either synthesize the articles selected and provide a discussion on the findings as a whole, citing the different articles as you discuss them.
o You can discuss each article individually. If you choose this option, you should separate the discussion of each article with sub-headings so that the reader can differentiate between the articles being discussed.
o HINT: The second choice is much easier than the first, BUT, if you would like to do the first choice it does require a greater thought process in how you will pull all 3 studies together, breaking each into similar parts, and synthesizing them back as a whole (you can ask me about this if you choose that option)
o This is the last section of your paper
o In this section, you will discuss your recommendations for practice based on your evidence. Should what you discussed and reviewed in the literature be implemented in practice? Why or why not?
o Use concrete examples from the evidence to backup your recommendations. This is not your opinion. This is based on the evidence that you found.
· Reference page:
o Be sure to cite all your references used in this paper, following APA format 7th edition.
o You MUST cite all the information that you used for your background information as well as the articles that you chose to discuss in the paper.
o Be sure that your reference page and your citations in the body of your paper match, such as, if you listed on your reference page, there should be an in-text citation for that reference.
· Evidence table:
o Your Literature Review Matrix will be the last page of your paper, after the reference page.
o You may list this as appendix A
o If you have referred to information in your matrix within the body of the paper, you will say that it is attached as appendix A (according to APA standards)
Please see use the 5 articles attached from my school library database
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more