Unit 6 Homework Assignment
Assignment 6 (50 points)
A. The price of crude oil rises significantly.
B. Spending on national defense doubles.
C. The costs of imported goods increase.
D. An improvement in technology raises labor productivity.
4. How does each of the following affect the aggregate demand curve?
A. Government spending increases.
B. The amount of taxes collected decreases.
5. Why does a reduction in taxes have a smaller multiplier effect than an increase in government spending of an equal amount?
6. Consider an economy that is operating at the full-employment level of real GDP. Assuming the MPC is 0.90, predict the effect on the economy of a $50 billion increase in government spending balanced by a $50 billion increase in taxes.
7. What is the difference between discretionary fiscal policy and automatic stabilizers? How are federal budget surpluses and deficits affected by the business cycle?
8. Suppose Congress enacts a tax reform law, and the average federal tax rate drops from 30 per- cent to 20 percent. Researchers investigate the impact of the tax cut and find that the income subject to the tax increases from $600 billion to $800 billion. The theoretical explanation is that workers have increased their work effort in response to the incentive of lower taxes. Is this a movement along the downward-sloping or the upward-sloping portion of the Laffer curve?
9. Why does the aggregate demand (AD) curve slope downward? What could cause the AD curve to shift to the right? What impact would a rightward shift of the AD curve have on the economy?
Exhibit 11-1 Disposable income and consumption data
Change inDisposable Income
10. In Exhibit 11-1, when disposable income is increased from $2,000 to $3,000 to $4,000,
total consumption increases by $1,000.
the marginal propensity to consume remains constant.
the marginal propensity to consume decreases from 0.7 to 0.6.
the marginal propensity to consume decreases from 0.8 to 0.7.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more