1. Briefly describe your current position and responsibilities.
2. What do your subordinates expect from you on the job?
3. What are the major stresses and challenges you face on the job?
4. What, if anything, do you dislike about the job?
5. What do you like best about your job?
6. What are the critical differences between average managers and top-performing managers?
7. Think about the skills and knowledge that you need to be effective in your job. What are they, and how did you acquire them?
First interviewee answers:
1. Coordinator of Fisheries Programs at the University of the South Pacific under the Pacific Technical & Further Education (PTAFE)
2. Responsible in managing four regional Fisheries qualifications, mainly Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
Responsible in facilitating the delivery of Certificate IV in Coastal Fisheries & Aquaculture Compliance to Fisheries officers across 8 pacific countries.
Responsible for the management of teaching staff (facilitators/consultants), the operational logistics and resources required, maintain currency and quality of programs and to ensure financial visibility.
3.To lead and coordinate the Fisheries program with accountability, transparency, and professionalism in ensuring that the regional qualifications are well managed through effective communication between both internal and external stakeholders.
Also, to ensure that students under the Fisheries programs are upskilled in respective areas of their work through the qualifications that PTAFE offers.
4. Coordinating the regional qualifications with internal stakeholders i.e. different departments within the university can be a challenge as others can slow down the pace of your work. Some departments can be slow to responding to emails & calls
Working with external partners such as the Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) as they have high expectations on how their qualifications are delivered to students across the region.
5.That the standards of teaching and the working conditions are slowly deteriorating, affecting the quality of education offered to students.
I enjoy being part of academia and having the ability to train or facilitate participants in the field of Coastal Fisheries & Aquaculture. I also like being part of a wide range of capacity building/workshop trainings that the university provides to the staff.
6, Average managers are leaders who lack leadership skills in providing employees the necessary tools/opportunity to grow within the organization/company. They lack empathy and lead as a dictator and may avoid receiving feedback/recommendations from employees.
7. Time management
Most of these skills have been acquired through experiences over the years.
8. Cant think of any.
1. Supervisor of Unarmed officers
2. Doing my best to ensure that the security officer are performing their best at their assigned posts
5. Very diverse environment/networking
6. Patience and being able to work under pressure
7. basic computer skills/ practicing
8. Not asking for help. I could’ve avoided them by asking for help.
With a conclusion in the end ( What you will learn through this assignment is not traditional book learning based on memorization and regurgitation, but practical knowledge and skills that help managers and other business professionals perform their jobs better. Lessons from some of the assignmentsfor example, goal settingcan be used for immediate benefit. Other lessons will obviously take time to accomplish, but you can still benefit now by making specific plans for future improvement. )
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more