PSY-520 Graduate Statistics
Topic 2 – Probability Project
Directions: Use the following information to complete the assignment.
There are many misconceptions about probability which may include the following.
· All events are equally likely.
· Later events may be affected by or compensate for earlier ones.
· When determining probability from statistical data, sample size is irrelevant.
· Results of games of skill are unaffected by the nature of the participants.
· “Lucky/Unlucky” numbers can influence random events.
· In random events involving selection, results are dependent on number rather than rations.
· If events are random, then the results of a series of independent events are equally likely.
The following statements are all incorrect. Explain the statements and the errors fully using the probability rules discussed in topic two.
1. The number 7 is a lucky number so you are more likely to win raffles with ticket number 7 than with a different number.
2. I roll two dice and add the results. The probability of getting a total of 8 is 1/12 because there are 12 different possibilities and 8 is one of them.
3. Mr. Verde has to have a major operation. Ninety-three percent of the people who have this operation make a complete recovery. There is a 93% chance that Mr. Verde will make a complete recovery if he has this operation.
4. The Ramblers play the Chargers. The Ramblers can win, loose, or draw, so the probability that they win is 1/3.
5. I have flipped an unbiased coin four times and got heads. It is more likely to get tails the next time I flip it.
6. Thirty random college students are asked if they study during the week. Since 60% said yes, a statement can be made that 40% of students only study on the weekend.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more