Emotions & Facial Expressions Homework
Your first nonverbal communication essay is designed to increase your understanding of the role our facial and eye expressions play in expressing emotions. For this assignment, you’ll need to read Chapters 4 and 5 and watch the following YouTube clips:
3. https://youtu.be/NweeK_R_qR0These clips discuss emotions and facial expressions, particularly the work of Paul Ekman. The videos discuss whether emotions are universal, if emotions are the result of nature vs. nurture, and how to interpret facial expressions. The videos also discuss how nonverbal communication is the primary conveyor of our emotions.To complete this assignment, you should write a 2 – 3 page essay addressing the questions below. You will be evaluated on your understanding of course material, your reasoning and synthesis of ideas, and your writing style including grammar and mechanics. All writing assignments should be double-spaced with 1” margins and 12-point font.
Using the textbook and videos, answer the following questions thoroughly and thoughtfully:
1. Why is it important to study how we express emotions?
2. What are the seven categories of emotion revealed by our facial expressions? And how are those seven categories revealed by our facial muscles?
3. What are the four facial management techniques? In what social situations in your own life would you use each technique (be specific)?
4. What do you think about the conclusion that emotional expressions are universal?
5. How could reading emotional expressions benefit us in our relationships with others?
Preview YouTube video Emotions Revealed – KQED QUEST
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more