Group Research Article Checklist: Valuable guide
Directions: This checklist is provided to assist your group in selecting an appropriate research article to complete the weekly Critical Thinking/Research Critique assignments. This checklist serves as a valuable guide as your group searches for an appropriate article for this assignment. Your coach will not be grading the actual checklist but will use it in approving your submitted publication. Submit the completed checklist with your article you are submitting for faculty approval.
· All members of the group should select an article meeting the criteria, then as a group, select one of the group member’s article. It is suggested you keep the other articles just in case you need to resubmit a second article. Establish a deadline for the selection of an article keeping in mind the need to address some specific questions related to the article and meet the established deadline.
· Please review this checklist as a group prior to submitting your group selected research article for this assignment.
· When all the group members participating in this assignment believe ALL the stated criteria has been met, please place a checkmark in the provided box.
· Submit this checklist with the full text selected article in PDF format in the provided dropbox along with the Module 1 document.
· Do not submit a web link to the selected article as this will result in a deduction on your first critical thinking submission.
Checklist Criteria for your Article Selection:
1. Our group selected a quantitative primary (data-based research study, written by the researchers* who conducted the study) research article (you may select a pilot/feasibility study as long as it meets other checklist criteria) (You may or may not find words in the abstract such as study, investigation, the aim of this study; look for headings such as Method/Design, Sample/Participants, Data Analysis, Findings etc). Group Research Article Checklist: Valuable guide
2. Our group selected a peer review quantitative research published between May, 2018 and July, 2019 or if it is a quarterly publication, starting January, 2019 -to current date). Do not submit an accepted draft of an article/manuscript. It must already be published in a nursing professional journal and can be located within the specific publication.
3. Our group selected a study whose first author is a registered nurse (you should see RN behind the first author’s name or there may be an identification within the article that the first author is a registered nurse-typically on the first or last page of the publication. If the credentials of the author are not identified, then you will need to select another article)
4. Our group selected a study published in a peer reviewed NURSING journal (i.e. nurses are the primary audience for the journal; journal for nurses usually (but not always) have nurse/nursing in the title).
5. Our group selected a study from either a national or international journal; however, the entire study must be written in English including references. If you select an article from the Journal of Nursing UFPE on line-while the text of the article is in English, frequently some of the references are not in English. This would not be appropriate for this assignment unless the references are also provided in English.
6. Our group selected a study that includes a population/sample that uses human subjects/participants. (Animal research is not appropriate for this assignment unless it is a study with humans engaged in animal therapy etc.).
7. Our group selected a study with descriptive statistics related to data analysis and answered the question below:
7a) Descriptive statistics were identified on page_____Please note: if the term “power analysis” is present, it does not address this criterion; it is another research concept and does not address either descriptive and/or inferential statistics
7b) An example of a descriptive statistic found in the study was_________
8. Our group selected a study with inferential statistics (but not advanced statistics- we did not select a study that used the following for statistical analysis: path analysis, modeling or uses the word “model” in the analysis technique like causal modeling, multiple regression, factor analysis, linear models, time series, data mining techniques, odds-ratio and logistic regression, plots, plotting or plot method-refer to page 299 of your text ) related to data analysis and answered question 8a below
8a) Inferential statistic(s) were found on page______
8b) An example of an inferential statistic found in the study was_________
Additional Resources to assist if needed:
· View your statistics notes, or LoBiondo-Wood & Harper textbook for the class (Chapters 9 and 10 may be helpful)
· Read pages 327-328 (8th edition) and page 299 in the 9th edition, avoid these advanced statistics
· Data Analysis may also include descriptive statistics but may not solely use this type of statistics.
Please note: if you read the words “power analysis” it does not address this criterion
9. Our group reviewed Library Guides found under Course Orientation and Overview; or accessed the following website:
10. If needed, our group or select group members contacted the PUC Library Scientist, to assist with searching. (Please note: The librarian is not responsible for finding your articles, approving your article, and /or APA format; only your course coach/faculty will approve your article. Group Research Article Checklist: Valuable guide
11. For students previously enrolled in the class, no group members have used this article for this assignment previously even if assigned to another coach/faculty for this class.
12. We are aware points will be deducted from our /my Module 1 Article Document assignments that does not meet all of these checklist criteria. Hint: Please be sure your selected publication refers to both descriptive and inferential statistics-this is where groups frequently experience the point(s) deduction.
13. We have reviewed all the criteria, the DO NOT choose list below and the article we are submitting for faculty approval in pdf format meets all the criteria listed above. Type your group letter/number assigned to your group in this box. Name of group member(s) who specifically participated in this assignment:
14. Name of Group member(s) who did NOT participate in this assignment: _______________________________________ (a zero (0) grade will be earned on this Module 1 Research Article Document assignment for any group member who did not participate in this assignment after faculty verification.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more