Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
Maria is 15 years old and 74 pounds overweight. Her father is an uber driver who was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Her mother works for a cleaning company. She is overweight with lipid disorder (high blood levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides). She is taking two antihypertensive medications at present time. At a recent health science fair at Maria’s school, a student-led screening clinic documented Maria’s blood pressure at 141/92 mm Hg. The family immigrated from Nicaragua 3 years ago and they do not have health insurance.
During health science fair, the following data was recorded: 56% of the students with BMI 25.0 to <30 and 18% of the students with BMI 30.0 or higher.
Consider yourself a community health nurse.
1. Is obesity a major health issue in the United States?
2. According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NCHS, CDC; BRFSS, 2012), how is obesity defined?
3. What is your role as a community nurse?
4. What risk factors should be explored for Maria’s family for cardiovascular disease? Mention social determinants of health in this case. Incorporate the concepts of health promotion and risk reduction.
5. Would you apply any of the behavioral change models to address health promotion and risk reduction in this case (theoretical frameworks of behavioral change / models discussed on Chapter 5 of textbook). Describe your selection.
6. Public health nurses use statistics to demonstrate the need for obesity program development and community interventions. According to the most recent CDC data: What data were identified about obesity in children and adults?
7. Is there a necessity of planning a community nursing intervention? How will you do that? Will you work alone or in collaboration / teamwork? Will you look for funding? How?
8. If you decide to do a community intervention. How would you evaluate the community-level intervention(s)?
9. Will you use social marketing to change health behaviors or beliefs, social or cultural norms, or community standards to improve health or benefit society. Which resources will you use?
10. Mention research studies that support any of the above (1 through 9) (mention at least 3 research studies in the paper).
Research Assignment # 1
The student will read and understand the given case scenario and further develop a hypothetical project/ paper. The student will answer given questions that will serve as a guide for this project. Also, the student will explain key concepts and apply theoretical frameworks, models and/ or theories pertinent to this case.
1. You will submit one (1) paper as part of this assignment (individual assignment).
2. Your research paper must follow APA format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.). Include a cover page and headings per 6th edition APA guidelines.
3. The research paper should be minimum of 3 pages (not including the title or reference pages) – maximum of 6 pages (not including the title or reference pages), single spaced, Times New Roman, Size 12, and 5 references about the topic (3 must be peer-reviewed journal articles).
Include the following components:
2. Problem Statement
3. Population of Interest
4. Key concepts such as: obesity, social determinants of health, health promotion and risk reduction, role of community health nurses.
5. Theoretical frameworks of behavioral change / models
6. Planning community intervention / Funding
7. Evaluate the community-level intervention
8. Social marketing / resources
9. Research studies (at least 3 peer-reviewed journal articles in the paper)
11. References Page
MAXIMUN POINTS – 100
It accounts for 25% of your final grade
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more