NUR 39000 Nursing Research Week 6
Did all group members participate in the assignment as outlined by the group and adhering to your Team Charter Agreement? Yes_______No______
If your group responded “no” or individually and you have concerns about a member’s work quality and/or timeliness/ and/or contributions to the group and would like your faculty to intervene; please send an e-mail correspondence to your faculty as soon as possible. In your e-mail correspondence, please indicate if you are giving faculty permission to contact the identified student with your group/individual concerns.
Citation of your approved article according to APA:
· Each group member will need access to your approved article , and course texts and APA manual as a minimum to complete this assignment.
· Record responses to each question in the “grey” space provided for each question. The grey box will expand as you type.
· Recall: you will earn a group grade for this assignment.
· Responses should be your own words and written in complete sentences. “Yes” or “no” answers will not be accepted and will result in point(s) deduction. Except for section 1, your responses should include an explanation/rationale. N/A responses require justification of why that criteria/question does not pertain to your article.
· Minimize use of direct quotes except where specifically requested.
· Requests for tables must include columns and rows if needed. It is not appropriate to use spacing for a table. If you are unfamiliar with how to make a table in a Word document, please to the “Resources” tab in Blackboard and scroll to: “How to Make a Table in a Word Document”. Failure to include a table when asked will result in point deduction for that specific question.
· Review the “Hints” placed throughout the worksheet prior to responding to the question.
· Read through responses when completed for accuracy of responses, APA use and grammar.
INSERT the full reference citation for your APPROVED article in the grey space below (NOTE: Use correct APA. Your faculty is aware of indentation challenges and will not deduct points for incorrect indentation).
15. Ethical Considerations
15a: How did the author indicate that human rights were protected? (For example, explanation of study by researcher? IRB? Ethics Committee etc.?) Include page number(s) where you found this information? If IRB approval was discussed, what institution(s) did they indicate as giving approval for the study? Discuss/identify how informed consent was obtained. State what page number(s) this information was found.
15b: Discuss/identify if the participants/guardians/parents received any type of payment or compensation for agreeing to be part of the study? State what page number(s) this information was found. If yes, what are your thoughts regarding the payment or compensation from an ethical framework?
15c: Discuss/identify any conflicts of interest in recruiting the subjects/participants? State what page number(s) this information was found.
15d: Discuss whether or not the subjects/participants are considered by the IRB’s criteria as a vulnerable population. (See page 241- 243 of your text.)
15e: How did the authors ensure data remained private/secure? Identify who had access/privileges to the data. State what page number(s) this information was found. If this information is not discussed indicate this with “Not Applicable”.
15f: What specific provision of the ANA code of ethics specifically pertains to research?
· What does this provision address specifically as it relates to research?
· What is the professional nurses’ responsibility in response to the identified provision? NUR 39000 Nursing Research Week 6
See page 235 of your text and this website: http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/EthicsStandards/CodeofEthicsforNurses/Code-of-Ethics-For-Nurses.html
(Hint: Be sure you read through the Code of Ethics and provide the exact code that speaks to ethics related to research. There are many other codes so be sure to identify and discuss the one specific to research).
15g: Identify any outside sources of funding and any disclaimers identifying any author affiliations. State what page number(s) this information was found.
(Hint: This if frequently found at the very end of an article or sometimes on the first page but not in all cases).
16a: How did the research relate to the metaparadigm of nursing?
(Hint: You may need to refer to the Instructors presentation in Module 1 if you need to review the metaparadigm of nursing. Address each component of the metaparadigm. If you believe your selected study did not address components of the metaparadigm-identify the component(s) and provide rationale).
Your answer should be placed in table format with three columns.
· first column should identify the component of the metaparadigm,
· second column should discuss your rationale for believing this element of the metaparadigm was addressed or not addressed in the study
· last column should include a specific example from the study as to how the metaparadigm component was addressed in your selected study.
16b: Discuss how the research is clinically significant. (see page 294-95 of your text)
(Hint: Statistical significance and clinical significance are not the same concepts-so do not confuse the two concepts. How can this research regardless of the statistical significance of the findings be applied to nursing practice?)
16c: What did you like/appreciate concerning this study as related to the research process?
(Hint: Answer this question based on your knowledge of research; do not answer it based on your personal opinion that you enjoyed reading the study).
Did this study reflect the research design?
Identify one improvement you might suggest to enhance the strength of the study? Discuss how you believe it would strengthen the study using research language. Underline the research concepts that were used in your response.
17. Personal Thoughts
17a: Each group member will write their reflections on how the weekly critical thinking assignments have influenced your skill in reading and comprehending nursing research. Identify a minimum of one strength you have in this process and what was your most challenging experience related to these weekly assignments. Additionally, comment on your contributions to the group (do not include a list of what you specifically were assigned to complete but what your understanding and learning of research contributed to the group).
Conclude this paragraph completing this philosophical statement: “This I believe about the role of the professional nursing as a lifelong learner in relationship to being a “consumer of nursing research” ……………….
This is the one place in this assignment where each member of the group will formulate their own response to question 17 and not develop a response as a group. This response should not be submitted separately but within the document.
Hint: Sometimes previous students have not addressed the questions for this section-so please be sure you address all elements Remember “consumer of nursing research” is an expected baccalaureate prepared nurse competency discussed in Module 1. NUR 39000 Nursing Research Week 6
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more