Nursing NR 283 Pathophysiology Concept Map Guidelines
This assignment assists students in understanding the relationship between the pathophysiology of a disease process and its clinical presentation and treatment. The concept map allows students to indicate related pathophysiology and disease treatment.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Describe the pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, evaluation and management of common diseases and disorders. (PO1, 2)
CO2: Relate factors that influence the pathogenesis and clinical manifestation of diseases and disorders including lifespan, ethnicity, culture, environment, and socioeconomic status. (PO1, 2)
CO3: Explain the nurse’s role in the evaluation and management of selected diseases and disorders. (PO6, 7)
DUE DATE: See course calendar for exact dates.
1. Your Instructor will provide you with two disease pathologies covered in this course. Research the two disease processes using a minimum of 2 professional journal articles in addition to your textbook.
2. Create a concept map for each of the two disease pathologies provided by your instructor. Using Word or PowerPoint. If you wish to use another format, be sure you get it approved by your instructor PRIOR to creating it. Use position, color, arrows and other connectors to show relationships between the required elements in the Grading Criteria. Because this is a concept map and not text-based paper, APA style cannot apply so citations are not required. However, include APA style to reference page on the last slide of the PowerPoint Presentation.
3. Compare and Contrast the two disease pathologies covered in this course being sure to include the evaluation criteria described below. Save and upload your assignment on time.
4. Prepare a three to five minute presentation using PowerPoint to present your concept maps to be presented to your peers in class (see course calendar). Other methods of presentation may be acceptable; get prior approval from your instructor.
5. Focus your presentation on the relationships between the elements and not just “reading the map”.
6. You score for this assignment will be a total of the points earned on the concept map and the presentation.
NR 283 Concept Map Guidelines.pdf Revised 04/14/2018 1
|Pathophysiology||20||20%||Listed key points of pathophysiology & linked them to risk factors, clinical manifestations, treatment./evaluation and patient teaching.|
|Risk Factors||10||10%||Identified key risk factors & linked them to pathophysiology, treatment and patient teaching.|
|Clinical manifestations||15||15%||Linked key signs & symptoms to the pathophysiology, treatment, evaluation and patient teaching.|
|Patient Teaching||10||10%||Integrated teaching points into each required criteria.|
|Diagnostic tests and treatment||5||5%||List diagnostic tests and treatment.|
|Relationships appropriately indicated||5||5%||Used lines, arrows, colors and position to illustrate relationships.|
|Title & References||5||5%||References listed on last slide of the presentation in correct APA format. Use of two peer reviewed journal articles in addition to textbook.|
|Compare & Contrast of the two diseases/conditions||15||15%||Explained important similarities and differences between the two diseases/conditions. Listed key points of pathophysiology & linked them to risk factors, clinical manifestations, and patient teaching.|
|Presentation||15||15%||The PowerPoint presentation was well prepared, organized and flowed well. Presenter appeared to have practiced the presentation. Presentation completed in allotted time. The presentation was unique and reflected thoughtful creativity. Visually appealing and easy to see relationships. Student has to be in class to present.|
|Total||100||100||A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements. Nursing NR 283 Pathophysiology Concept Map Guidelines|
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more