Sentinel City Community Health Windshield Survey 4
1. Describe the characteristics of the people you see. What race/ethnicity distribution, age ranges and gender mix? Are there signs of poverty or wealth? What are they?
2. Who do you see on the streets? Parents with a child, teens, couples, disabled persons? Is there anyone in the city you would not expect to see?
3. Are there homeless persons, beggars, etc.?
I noticed an abundance of homeless people, not necessarily begging. Several were standing in line at the Soup Kitchen. There were also many just basically hanging around
4. Are the dogs on or off the leash? Are there other animals?
There were several dogs – some were being walked by their owners, some seem to be strays. I also notice there were rats running around trash on the side of buildings and dumpsters.
5. Are there churches? What denominations?
The Interfaith Church is the only church I noticed which seems to be Catholic due to meeting the priest, Father Michael Adams.
6. Select a target population of interest and discuss relevant demographic data and health status indicators for this population group.
7. Identify 3 major health concerns for this target population. Include discussion of major health concerns in relation to a global health issue.
8. Apply Healthy People 2020 goals to be identified population health concerns.
9. You are encouraged to add other relevant characteristics you observe.
10. What did you find in the virtual city that will be most valuable in helping you understand how to do a windshield survey?
11. What question(s) do you have that was not answered after visiting the city?
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more